As the tile says, LuxRender 0.8 is finally released as a stable version. Barring any major bugfixes it is good to use. I suspect a 0.8.1 version will be released as appears traditional.
To get hold of it, along with the exporter of your choice, click this link
A number of things have been changed since 0.7.1 a few of which are listed below
- New GUI options for saving tonemapped images
- render queues
- new lightgroup handling, and GUI options
- Glossy Translucent material
- Band texture for complex gradients
- Volume scattering (homogeneous)
- ply mesh loader
- on the fly microdisplacement subdivision
The full list is rather long, but these are the ones that spring to mind as the major features as a user.